A Winter Treat


Hello my lovely readers.  If this is your first time visiting my blog, welcome.  If not, I'm sorry for not posting for so long!  It's been at least two weeks since my last review (and I'm afraid it will be a few more days before the next review).
I have been super busy at work, and I've been teaching extra hours recently.  But what's been taking up most of my time is a certain special project...
Echoes of Winter



You may remember last month, that I reviewed a short story collection called Darkness Echoes (if you haven't seen it, or fancy a re-read clickee here).  It was a bunch of short stories from six authors that I have come into contact with via #IndieBooksBeSeen.  Not only that, they were some of the best YA authors I have had the pleasure to come across in the last few years.

The fantastic news is that these guys are following up their success with a second collection.  And how does this affect me, you ask?  Well, they just so happened to ask me to join them this time round.

So after I finished doing my over-excited cartwheels (no, there is no visual evidence), I had to knuckle down and get a winter-inspired story written.  Then I realised that I'd have to write something that didn't make it glaringly obvious that I didn't belong with such awesome writers.
After a lot of writer's block and second-guessing, I decided to write two things that I know about - witches and Yorkshire.



Winter Trials
With Midwinter just around the corner, Mark's Nanna decides that it is time he learnt more about his family heritage. Learning witchcraft shouldn't be too difficult, right?
Balancing school, magic, and the distractions of the gorgeous new guy, should make this a very interesting winter.


Make sure you check out the Facebook Release Party this Friday - can't wait to see you all there!

Click on the image below to see how you could win a $75 Amazon gift card!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Demon Made Me Do It - Indie Love Blog Hop

Trick or Treat Book Blog Hop

#IndieBooksBeSeen Character Quiz